All tar-based products are classed as carcinogenic.
Creosote is toxic and flammable.
Always ventilate a working area very well during application in order to remove fumes.
The fumes are extremely strong smelling and the smell lingers for a long time.
Avoid naked flames in the vicinity.
Avoid excessive inhalation and skin contact.
Clean hands well before smoking or eating.
If material is splashed in the eye, wash well with plenty of clean water and seek medical attention.
In case of skin contact, wash with warm soapy water.